Thursday, December 31, 2009

My lastest coffee notes

These are the latest coffee varieties I've roasted, all were roasted to full city. Each was ordered from SweetMaria's for about $5 a pound.

Ethiopia Moplaco Yirga Cheffe: Roasted in a hot air popcorn popper. I've tried this before and really liked it, once again it was wonderful.

Kenya Nyeri AA Gichatha-ini: Roasted in the drum roaster on the gas grill. This was another African wet processed variety I decided to try and really liked it, I will be ordering it again.

Panama Las Flores de Volcan: Roasted in the drum roaster. This was really good, I think it's my new favorite.

My Breville coffee grinder gave up on me earlier this month, just days before the warranty was to expire. I contacted the company and they emailed me a FedEx shipping label and had me pack it up and send it back to them. They told me they would be sending me a new one as soon as they receive mine, as of today I haven't received it. Not having a decent grinder I've been using a simple blade grinder so it's hard to get a proper grind. I'm sure these coffees will taste even better once I get my grinder back.

I need to order some more beans, I'm definitely ordering the Panama. Looking at SweetMaria's latest offerings I noticed an El Salvador Peaberry "Aida's Grand Reserve" which sounded really good but at $24.40 a pound I don't think I'll be ordering it anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Man I don't know anything about coffee that is for sure. I do like the coffee you sent me. I need to get me a 4 cup coffee maker.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know a lot more now :-) Glad you liked it. If you want to just make one mug at a time you can get a filter cone, usually can find them in the coffee/tea aisle at your favorite supermarket. I use one at my office. I have a French press but don't use it much, it's a pain to clean. I'm spoiled by being able to just tossing the paper filter in the trash.

    ReplyDelete